The New Dutch Waterline Project Office falls under the responsibility of the Government Service for Land & Water Management (DLG), Region West.
The objectives of the project office are in line with the special policy document Nota Belvedere and the Policy Document on Architecture. The focus is on “preservation of the cultural heritage through development of the Line” and “the visionary role of a development project of the Line”. The Project Office wants to inspire “the spatial world”, and to make the New Dutch Waterline a recognizable entity within the spatial development of the Dutch culture and landscape heritage.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Project Office are:
- The Secretariat of the Line Committee, Project Group, Quality Team and Sounding Board Team
- Directing projects and parts of projects, monitoring the planning and planning stages, keeping the organisation going in general.
- The Publicity Centre of the project.
- The Account Management: the link between the relevant political parties and the Line Committee.
- Management of the central funds for the Line Committee
In addition, the Project Office directs specific activities, which are important for the Line as a whole (for example, design rules and planning requirements, long distance walking paths and marketing strategy).